Lent 2019: Make Clear Where Truth and Light Appear
We invite you to Make Clear some space and time during these forty days of Lent for the wonderful offerings here at the Cathedral:
- Get your ashes in here at St. Mary’s on March 6th, Ash Wednesday: 8 AM (Sisters’ Chapel), 12 noon & 6 PM (in the nave) Nursery provided at 6 PM.
- Participate in the Great Litany the First Sunday in Lent, March 10th 8 & 11 AM
- Read and ponder the Cathedral email meditations on Mondays
- Meditate with Deacon Drew each Friday at 5:30 PM with Stations of the Cross in the nave
- Involve yourself in Sunday School offerings at 10 AM in Martyrs’ Hall:
- March 3rd & 10th Listening to Ourselves and One Another – How can we better listen to one another when we may disagree? With Floridia Jackson, Memphis School of Servant Leadership
- March 24th & 31st Holy Living, Holy Dying – How reflecting on our mortality helps us better live lives of beauty and love. With St. Mary’s Clergy and The Rev. Dr. Randy McCloy
- April 7th How Far We’ve Come – It’s a year after the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s assassination. Where are we now? Where do we still need to go? The Rev. Ayanna Johnson Watkins, Lead organizer of interfaith group MICAH will lead this thought-filled discussion.
- Join us for Evensong and the Feast of the Annunciation on March 24th at4 PM
- Pray and sing your heart out on Sunday and Wednesday morning Eucharists